UK Progressive rock outfit Gandalf’s Fist has revealed the concept, album title, tracklist and artwork for their follow-up to 2013’s acclaimed record “A Day in the Life of a Universal Wanderer”.
“A Forest of Fey” will be the first release by the band as a four-piece and follows the psychedelic, folk-tinged journey of a young girl trapped in a malevolent woodland and features guest contributions from Troy Donockley (Nightwish), John Mitchell (It Bites/Arena), Dave Oberlé (Gryphon), Clive Nolan (Pendragon/Arena) and Matt Stevens (Instrumental Artist/The Fierce and the Dead).
The bespoke Album art was created by German Artist Thomas Huth and the record is slated for an autumn release.
The album is also now available to PRE-ORDER via our Store - this allows us to keep things "in-house" and avoids us having to go through labels and third-party 'funding' sites so we really appreciate your support in this way!
Hopefully will have some samples up soon too!
A Forest of Fey Track-list:
1. Childhood Ghosts
2. Gardens of the Lost *Featuring Troy Donockley (Tin Whistles, Low Whistle)
3. A Forest of Fey *Featuring Troy Donockley (Low Whistles)
(Including Wisdom of the Reptile and the Lament for a Silent Verse)
4. The Figure Speaks
5. The World We Created
6. The Circus in the Clearing *Featuring Troy Donockley (Cumbrian Bouzouki)
(Including the Fanfare for the King’s Tournament)
7. Blood for a Royal Pardon *Featuring Troy Donockley (Tin Whistle)
8. Drifter on the Edge of Time *Featuring Clive Nolan (Keys) & Matt Stevens (Ambient Intro Guitar)
9. Forest Rose (Coming Home)
10. Return from the Tournament *Featuring Troy Donockley (Cumbrian Bouzouki) and Dave Oberlé (Vocals & Bodhran)
11. Stories Old and Stories Told
(Of Children Brave and Children Bold) *Featuring John Mitchell (Vocals) & Matt Stevens (Ambient Intro Guitar)
12. A Poison Tree